[CREATE] Fwd: Re: [LGF-LGA] Ok, let's start with a website

Jon Nordby jononor at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 06:01:02 PDT 2010

On 16 August 2010 13:43, Camille Bissuel <cbissuel at yagraph.org> wrote:
> Ok, well done Cyrille and Louis, you convinced me.
> I though it was easier to start from the ground, and that I wasn't allowed
> to modify existing tools (I don't know why, maybe because I'm new in the
> place).
Its often easier to start that way, but it is most-often not an easier
way to achieve something good. I'm glad you feel this is the right way
to go. This means we can instantly start focusing on the things that
actually adds value to our projects and users.

> Can we restructure the http://create.freedesktop.org/ website main page to
> add more content and some visual improvements ?
>
> News (planet for projects and gallery - actual planet + one more for gallery
> -)
> Projects (Presentations for Software and tools, Standards, Events, Teaching
> certification)
> Peoples (Developers, Professional Artists, Teachers, Users)
> Resources (Directory for Documentation, How-tos, Tutorials, Glossary,
> Gallery)
> About (association ?, website)
In tune with the above, I suggest focusing on the content first. Find
out the rough scope of the content we want to provide, and then
prioritize the most important things first.

> Do we forget about libre-graphics.org, simply redirecting to Create ?
Fine by me.

> Can I submit some sketch, to who (this mailing ?) ?
Just toss the file online somewhere, and link to it here.

> Why is there content like this unrelated one, or the Boudewijn's holidays on
> the Create planet today, a mistake?
A planet is often considered to be "a view of the world" of people
added to the planet, little to nothing is considered offtopic. Its a
nice, free-flow style that a lot of people like. But we might want to
add more specific aggregation of content, like only project news, only
libre graphics works or similar.

--
Regards Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com