[CREATE] Fwd: Re: [LGF-LGA] Ok, let's start with a website

Yuval Levy create07 at sfina.com
Sat Aug 21 19:35:30 PDT 2010

On August 19, 2010 10:53:16 am Camille Bissuel wrote:
> I assume that no proprietary software will be put in the
> software directory

Why not?

As a creator I believe I have the right to mix and match proprietary and Free
tools.

I want the directory to help me make an informed choice.  This includes
information on all tools, not just Free ones.

I prefer to find out earlier than later if there are interoperability issues
and how standard compliant a software is if there are standards.

Anti-competitive behavior that limits my freedom directly or indirectly should
be exposed (e.g. NDA's that make it difficult or impossible for developers to
support my need for interoperability).

The difference between advertising and information is that advertising centers
on strengths only, conveniently forgetting to mention the weaknesses.  I would
like to see an informative directory complete and honest, even if sometimes
honesty is brutally hurting.

Yuv