[CREATE] Focus:

Yuval Levy create07 at sfina.com
Tue Aug 31 06:16:25 PDT 2010

ciao di nuovo, a.l.e

On August 31, 2010 02:43:04 am a.l.e wrote:
> i've meant to use the word "professional" to exclude the hackers who --
> without any knowledge about graphics design -- uses our tools

I fail to see a clear cut distinction between the two groups.  I see it as a
continuum between "hackers" (newbies?) and *pro*ficient users (hey, *you* got
a good category name!).  The user decides in which category they want to fit
in:  do they want an easy recipe in a box on a grocery store shelve, or do
they want to take the time to understand basic ingredients and learn about
details such as font kerning, contrast perception, aspect ratios and other
advanced topics?

> the professional users i was talking about, may not be proficient
> in the way they use the tools, but they know what they want to achieve.

everybody (think they) know what they want to achieve.

> i want to talk to them and show them how other people are using our
> tools to achieve the results they are looking for and -- more generally
> -- which tool we can offer to them.j

write/collect tutorials for LG.  same as the tutorials for PG, some will be
better than others.  Some will be complete others will be shallow.

Yuv