[CREATE] desktop vs web

Nathan Willis nwillis at glyphography.com
Tue Feb 9 10:29:18 PST 2010

Wasn't there an open web-based raster editor at least *discussed* (if not
launched) five-or-more years ago?  I recall looking at it at the time, but
it wasn't prime-time-ready when I saw it.  I don't remember if it was
Gimp-derived or not, though.  Or maybe I'm imagining the whole thing.

Also, another interesting point for discussion would be the prospect of
building an OFL-based service like Typekit.com ....

Nate

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 7:28 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine <
alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/9/10, Jon Phillips wrote:
> > totally. how about we make a web service around this editor?
> >
> > web.inkscape.org
>
> How about we discuss it in inkscape-devel@ in the first place? :)
>
> Alexandre

Come to Texas Linux Fest, April 10 - registration now open at
www.texaslinuxfest.org
--
nathan.p.willis
nwillis at glyphography.com