[CREATE] SwatchBooker 0.6

Olivier BERTEN olivier.berten at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 14:29:53 PST 2010

A new release before a deep cleanup...
https://gna.org/files/?group=swatchbooker

What's new?
* drag-n-drop supported inside a swatchbook
* textual informations are localizable
* download swatches from some websites (Pantone, RAL, ColourCharts.org, ...)
* SwatchBooker is translated in French, Russian (thanks to Alexandre
Prokoudine) and German (thanks to Christoph Schäfer)

Since my programming skills have improved since the beginning of this
project, I plan rewriting some code and changing the internal model
which will reflect on the file format... Stay tuned for 0.7 ;-)

One of my first changes will be separating swatches and presentation.
One of the aims of it is the possibility to display the same swatch at
different places of the swatchbook like in the Visibone, or the Pantone
swatches.

I'm also wondering how it would make sense to have a "Code" field next
to the swatch name. Ral colours, like Pantone paints, and a most of the
paints have a code and a name, which is sometimes translated (see RAL
colours). The problem is that the difference isn't always clear:
"PANTONE 102 C" could be considered as a code. But what about "PANTONE
Yellow C"? Is it a code or a name? Currently, the "Open from web"
feature places that code as "name" and the name as "description" but I'm
not sure how that does make sense...

Olivier