[CREATE] Proprietary software company's attending LGM?

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sat Jan 2 16:21:29 PST 2010

Yes, I completely agree! Hats off friends at adobe and everywhere!!!
We all use proprietary software somewhere, its just that many of us on
this list are trying to find ways to use free 100% of the time!

Adobe friends and others, if in SF, please do ping if you have
questions or want to touch base about in bay area.

Cheers!

Jon

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Nicolas Spalinger
<nicolas_spalinger at sil.org> wrote:
> Dave Crossland wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Over on the opencolour thread, the attendance of proprietary software
>> companies with open source activities was mentioned. I'm curious if
>> anyone knows if there will be more of this than in previous years, and
>> which companies might be along, as I've found such engagements one of
>> the more fascinating aspects of the conference :)
>
> AFAICT most sponsors and/or companies who have sent representatives to
> participate to LGM have some mixed proprietary/libre approach...
>
> For example:
> http://www.droidfonts.com
> http://opensource.adobe.com
> http://code.google.com/opensource
> http://www.intel.com/opensource
>
> IMHO it's good news to see such community/industry collaboration also
> happening via LGM.
>

>> Regards, Dave
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Nicolas Spalinger, NRSI volunteer
> Debian/Ubuntu font teams / OpenFontLibrary
> http://planet.open-fonts.org

Jon Phillips
http://rejon.org/
+1.415.830.3884 (sf/global)
+86.134.3957.2035 (china)
Sent from San Francisco, CA, United States