[CREATE] [LGF] Some goals, aims or objectives !
cbissuel at yagraph.org
Wed Jun 2 11:43:41 PDT 2010
Going on the subject of the "LGF" projects, and now we assume to keep "Libre
Graphics" as a basis name, let's go on the discussion on another topic :
goals of such an organization.
As far as I can summarize, here is what have been said so far :
Camile Bissuel (aka yagraph - myself), the intent I had starting the BoF
" Simply said, we have two main goals (to discuss) :
- connect and create a network of LG projects and peoples (not only devs,
but also designers, teachers, and users)
- as an horizon line, we want to found and get money for the Libre Graphics
projects via a non-profit organization "
I can add that I've through to such an organization to professionalize LG
projects, both as a teacher, as a designer and as an user in collaboration
with developpers. If you're interested, please get a look to slides I had
prepared (but not used) :
http://www.yagraph.org/images/LGM/what-about-a-lgf.svg (to look at in
Andreas Vox :
" 2 Aim
The aim of the organization is to connect people in the Libre Graphics
world. Members have been organizing the Libre Graphics Meeting for the last
five years. The organization will carry the spirit of the LGM to an
organizational level by providing a central point of contact for developers,
artists and donators. It will do so in
- organizing Libre Graphics meetings
- providing a website that links to all Endorsed Projects and promotes the
idea of Libre Graphics
- uses and protects the terms "Libre Graphics" and "Libre Graphics Meeting"
as a trademark.
- brings together developers with potential donators/funders
- provides certificates for teachers and students of Libre Graphics software
- provides a marketplace for artists and teachers of Libre Graphics
- furthers communications between users and developers of Libre Graphics
IMO, Here are things we may do with such an organization :
- be considered professional
- certificate teaching
- connect peoples and professions (developers, designers, teachers, users,
...) through a web network
- promote and spread libre graphics projects
- pay devs with donation and incomes from teaching or content or membership
to develop Libre graphics software (things like GSOC or maybe even full time
- fund projects similar to the 3 open movies the Blender Foundation have
successfully organized (Krita have a project of comic for example)
- have company wide discussion (for example with Adobe to discuss standards,
or with W3C to discuss drafts...)
- organize future LG Meetings ;)
In summary : do things we can't do in an informal network.
Louis Desjardin has also said that we can't do everything right now or
quickly, and that's right, but let's think to it as an horizon line in a
near or distant future.
Please freely give you opinion, feelings, and so on !
If a consensus is obtained, we will formalize that on the create wiki, and
start to build a charter as Andreas Vox have already started.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CREATE