[CREATE] [Fwd: LGM 2010 et Francophonie (OIF)]

Femke Snelting snelting at collectifs.net
Sat Mar 13 07:55:18 PST 2010

Thanks a lot Nicolas

> Here's one possibility I can think of:
> In 2009 I've been in touch with various people living in Vietnam and
> interested in working on improving the availability and quality of open
> fonts for Vietnamese. Last I heard, the plan was to review and
> contribute Vietnamese support to existing open font families but
> possibly also to design/commission/release a new open font family made
> from scratch and then get the resulting software distributed, included
> in the various libre projects throughout Vietnam (liveCDs for example,
> office suite bundles, etc) and promoted instead of restricted fonts.
>
> They are based in Hanoi, Vietnam and affiliated to Hanoilug and CNF:
> http://blog.hanoilug.org/
> http://www.auf.org/regions/asie-pacifique/implantations/campus-hanoi/fiche.html
>
> Seems to fit the criteria. What do you think?

Yes -- perfect ;-) And above all, I think it would be great to hear more
about their work.

> I will ping them about this possibility to come to LGM.

Hoping they'd be interested in making the journey? I think they need a
visum for Belgium btw:
http://www.diplomatie.be/en/travel/visa/visumNodig.asp

> Maybe people working with ANLoc could also benefit from the opportunity:
> http://www.africanlocalisation.net/en/fonts

Yes, I contacted Denis Jacquerye on this but might contact ANloc
directly too. Do you know who else I could contact?

> Thanks for all the organisation efforts.

Our pleasure :-)