[CREATE] [OpenRaster] libora: shallow review, thoughts

Jon Nordby jononor at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 13:12:30 PDT 2010

On 2 October 2010 00:28, Luka Čehovin <luka.cehovin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, this is my mistake. "Genesx" is one of my numerous
> experiments/small-projects. basically I wanted to create a system to
> automatically generate a code for the expat xml parser (that is pretty
> basic, but has no dependencies and it very portable). The license here
> is what we want it to be i guess. I did some research back then
> regarding xml parser generators but found none that would suit my
> requirements. The generator is written in python and is not really
> production rate code nor is it complete, but it works for the current
> needs of the project (my opinion). I can publish the code somewhere.
> The reason for using autogenerated code is that writing xml parsing
> code is dull and error prone business. At the same time I am aware
> that some of you may not like this solution so I have no problem with
> somebody writing the parser/validator by hand.
Please license the code in the repository appropriately. Preferably
the same license as you used for the other parts, unless there is a
_very_ good reason to chose something else. The software used to
generate this also needs to be published under an acceptable license.

src/lib/utils/stringbuffer.c and src/lib/internal.{c,h} are also in
need of license headers.

> Since there is now immediate interest I will try to write some
> documentation as soon as possible. Perhaps you can just tell me where
> I should start (what is the most important part?)
Hmm. ora.{h,c} and layers.{h,c} seems like a good starting point.

--
Regards Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com