[CREATE] Libre Graphics Magazine Pledgie campaign

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Sun Oct 24 03:48:05 PDT 2010

On Sunday 24 October 2010, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On 10/24/10, jon wrote:
> > Why not just sell them?
>
> Taxation
>
> Truly yours,
> Captain Obvious :)
Yeah, on the other hand...

1) 8000$ is a lot of money, especially for something that does not exist, I
have no doubt the result will be great, but it is a bit difficult to explain
to outsiders. Personnally I would have wait to have something to show (at
least, I would have been willing to blog if I could show a PDF).
2) You won't be able to repeat the donation driver for each issue, so it would
probably be a good idea to think about a sustainable model, aka sell the
magazine, or a subscription
3) if you use a non-profit organization, the magazine can be seen as the
"free" magazine of the organization, distributed to its member, and then you
setup the yearly membership to cover the cost, wouldn't that work to avoid or
limit taxes ?

--
Cyrille Berger Skott