[CREATE] ORA fullscreen viewers

Martin Renold martinxyz at gmx.ch
Fri Sep 10 10:42:46 PDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 06:38:19PM +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On 9/10/10, Martin Renold wrote:
>
> > I don't expect an ORA viewer to implement many blending modes (if at all),
> > nor to render a tiled pattern.
>
> Why not? Both PSD and XCF loaders for gdk_pixbuf support blending modes.

There are too many useful blending modes; "colorize" can be done in LAB,
"over" can be done in linear light.  With only "over" a nested layer tree
can be rendered flat.

We need to draw the line somewhere. An image viewer should be correct,
robust, and fast, not bloatware.  And libora should not have to solve all
the rendering performance problems in the raster world.

--
Martin Renold