[CREATE] Libre Graphics Magazine — how to distribute it widely

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 05:42:13 PDT 2010

Good morning everyone !

While I am looking for sponsors to print the Libre Graphics Magazine I had
this idea of having a large circulation Linux magazine (and maybe more than
one) to print our magazine as part of their regular publication, or print
parts of it, maybe 8 or 16 pages. The idea here is to have that entirely
sponsored by this (these) magazine(s).

This would ensure a large circulation and a wide distribution of our ideas
both written and graphically expressed. It would also be a clear statement,
even for the publishers of those magazines, that we can do it using F/LOSS
all the way and it would be a great way to blow the bells and whistles about
Libre Graphics while putting the most of our energies on the content and the
containers but not to worry too much on how we’ll reach the people with our
magazine, at least the first issue and maybe a couple more... In turn, this
could certainly be raised as a promotional mean for those who would accept
to publish the Libre Magazine (hey ! do you see the name ? LIBRE!...
anyway....) because we would distribute it at LGM and in other events.

This of course needs discussion and more thoughts. But in any event I
thought that at least putting the idea on the table was a start !

One other idea is to publish it ourselves and print it with our own
revenues. In this case I would strongly suggest that our LGM sponsors be
offered to buy space in the magazine. I think I mentioned that already.

Cheers!

Louis