[CREATE] LGM 2011: post-FOSDEM discussion

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 06:09:13 PST 2011

2011/2/9 jon at rejon.org <jon at rejon.org>

> ok cool, so that will let us move the lgm conference planning to
> libregraphicsmeeting.org ?
>
> that would be great...
>
> Right now, I don't see any movement on this:
>
> http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/Conference
>
> Or a release plan for announcements and funding.

Right. We're getting there! :)

For the conf and by what we have added from the FOSDEM meeting here is a
summary (please hack and patch as needed):

HIGHLIGHTS
4-day, one-track conf.
We want to schedule the team meetings.
We want to fit in also the among-teams meetings
We seem to want more BOFs occasions and I only wonder if the 3-hour lunch
time is enough for this? Do we want to use talk-slots for BOFs?
We love panels and Femke is to organise one. I will organise one too.

TYPICAL DAY SCHEDULE FROM 9 TO 6

   - 10 slots for talks/meetings/panels per day, that's 5 hours.
   - 3-hour lunch time for bofs-meetings-open discussions-
   - Panels : they are dynamic and drive the discussions
   - Panel schedule suggestion: 2 slots per panel + 1 slot for open
   discussions (or all in all, 90 mins)
   - Team meetings: that needs input from the teams. Lunch time? Talk-slots
   time? Evening ?
   - Among-teams meetings: we need input from the teams
   - Typical talk is 20 minutes + 10 minutes of Q&A
   - Typical lightning talk is 5 minutes all included!
   - Typical panel is 1 hour + 30 minutes of open discussions
   - Typical team meeting is 2-3 hours at lunch time?

09:00-09:30 - talk
09:30-10:00 - talk
10:00:10:30 - talk
10:30-11:00 - talk
11:00-14:00 lunch-bofs-team meetings
14:00-14:30 lightning talks (scheduled)
- Up to 6 lighting talks of 5 minutes each... doable? really? :)
14:30-15:00 - talk
15:00-15:30 - talk
15:30-16:00 - afternoon break
16:00-16:30 - talk
16:30-17:00 - talk
17:00-17:30 - talk
17:30-18:00 - last talk of the day

Supper and evening discussions/events!

SUMMARY
40 x 30-min slots for talks/panels/bofs
4 x 3-hour lunch break for eating and meeting
24 x 5-min lightning talks slots
3-day pre-LGM - lab session at Foulab and more
1-day post-LGM - lab session at ICGQ

PANEL SCENARIO
2 panels of 3 slots each leaves room for 34 talks.
Do we want 3 panels? What subjects ?

Louis