[CREATE] LGM2011 Launch Timings + pledgie drive

jon at rejon.org jon at rejon.org
Fri Feb 11 15:15:13 PST 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Femke Snelting <snelting at collectifs.net> wrote:
> Hey jon
>
>> ok, yes, better for international things. My friend Mark who owns
>> pledgie update it and is adding video support.
>>
>> How about we target march 1 for announcing the conference and the pledge
>> drive.
>
> OK if you think not too late :-) What would be the closing date for talks?
>
> I'll check with Alex for another dynamic pledgie button?

Great. I think its fine if plans can be executed efficiently. Can put
out the pages now. For most people here, they already know about LGM,
so really the press and announcements are about getting new people and
those outside of our normal zones of influence. I've found its
actually easier to raise this amount of money in a month or two rather
than longer...

>> Is that good and realistic? That gives two months of money raising and
>> getting quality submissions together prior to the conference.
>>
>> I would argue then best to do another press blast on April 2 (not
>> april 1 joke day).
>>
>> Then a final one the week of the event to secure some press.
>>
>> I updated only some minor things on the wiki, but is getting tighter.
>>
>> Great to have the site and all major pieces for accepting submissions
>> and the like together prior.
>>
>> http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/Conference
>
> Thanks for moving pages around to their proper place + getting spam out

despammer :) I'm curious what ALE and web folks want to do on the LGM
site. What about call for participation and more. I'm not a wiki-hater
yet, but starting to think about LGM as a brand and how forcing ppl
thru a wiki and multiple sites is really really distracting from the
event.

Jon

--
Jon Phillips