[CREATE] LGM 2012

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 19:09:44 PST 2011

2011/2/16 Femke Snelting <snelting at collectifs.net>

> a small mailing list would be very practical, yes!
>>>
>>> who can set it up?
>>>

> Who manages the CREATE mailinglist right now? Can we/I ask? (it could be
> hosted on Constant if necessary but better to group it with the existing
> list?)
>

>  having a published archive may help people with a strong interest in
>>> the LGM follow the discussions and -- hopefully -- get more involved
>>> in the LGM organization.
>>>

>> We would still need to make sure there is some broadcast announcement of
>> the process, to make sure that the selection and discussion are open to
>> novel suggestions and not just those proposed in some prior year.
>>

> I think that entire discussion belongs on the CREATE list?
>

>  I think it's inadvisable (and ironic) to have a seemingly closed process
>> when it's all about an open source meeting.
>>

> Yes. That is why I would like to move away from private e-mailing like we
> do right now :-)

Well... Sorry to quote myself but this was my very first proposal. I explain
why I write to the board first (it was a reminder so I didn't want anybody
being hurt from a rush) but in the same email I say that we need to expand
the discussion. The board is still there if the discussion goes nowhere.

So, for the whole picture, here is my own quote again:

Hi guys,

> Last year's discussions led us to settle on the decision that LGM was not
> the place where we want to discuss about the next venue.
>
> Even if we are late in the 2-year process (we should know by now where LGM
> 2012 would be), we still have months before LGM 2011 takes place and so we
> can open (continue) the discussion about where LGM 2012 could/should/would
> take place.
>
> Discussing where LGM 2012 is going to be is not a topic that is going into
> the 2011 program. However, we will gladly announce 2012 LGM's venue ! :)
>
> Louis
>
> p.s. I write to the board first so there is no surprise on any part but I
> would suggest we put that in the Create list asap. Please react accordingly
> ! :)

“react accordingly” was meant to say “in a timely manner”...

So there we are...

And I post the answer on the Create list.

Louis

p.s. Please refer to the wiki for the guidelines and recent discussions.