[CREATE] LGM11 panel proposal: attracting new devs

Jon Nordby jononor at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 06:14:56 PST 2011

On 18 February 2011 15:39, a.l.e <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:
> dear LGMers
>
> after having read
>
> http://libregraphicsworld.org/articles.php?article_id=28
>
> and
>
> http://www.chromecode.com/2011/02/why-gimp-28-is-not-released-yet.html
>
> i wonder if at the next LGM we should not propose a pannel / workshop where
> we can discuss / present strategies for attracting new developers in the
> libre graphics.
>
> what do you think about it?
Good initiative. However, I think that "attracting new devs" is a bit
to narrow an approach. A project can have new people stop by every
week and still not be productive. I'm thinking something along the
lines of "How to keep and make productive libre graphics projects?".
Having a steady inflow of new developers is part of that, but just a
means to an end in my book.

--
Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com