[CREATE] LGM11 panel proposal: attracting new devs

Mushon Zer-Aviv mushonitp at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 22:27:19 PST 2011

Well,
There are methodologies that are already being used. Basically, the whole field of information architecture and the whole process of wireframing/prototyping/testing is all about documenting strategy. Coding (should) happens only after that.

We need open tools for interface prototyping. If possible, they should be web based & DVCS (as in Git) enabled. This is something I discussed with Dave Crossland last summer at Debconf. Dave has some cool ideas in this subject.

So yes, I would say the pre-manual should be prototype based. Should we start thinking of focused prototype-sprints?

This is short but has a nice example:
http://www.azarask.in/blog/post/write-the-manual-first/

Mushon Zer-Aviv
Mushon.com | Shual.com | @Mushon