[CREATE] "Reclaim your tools". A film by Jakub Szypulka

Jakub Szypulka cubibubi at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 8 13:06:07 PST 2011

Hey guys,

I just finished editing "Reclaim your tools", a short film about the
Libre Graphics Meeting 2010 in Brussels.

Here is the link: http://vimeo.com/18568225

All the filming and editing as well as the music was done by myself.
The movie is just some two and a half minutes, but I believe it might
be a useful marketing tool for LGM.

What I'm especially proud of is that everything you can see was done a
HUNDRED PERCENT using opensource software! (minus camera firmware I
suppose, haha)

Feel free to share the movie where ever you want! The only thing I'm
asking for is that you include my name.

As I count film-making to graphics, I feel that open source video
editing software should be a part of the LGM conference. Thus, I'd be
more than happy to have a short talk about the film at the next LGM. I
would present my workflow as well as point out areas where improvement
is possible (and sometimes really necessary) compared to closed
source, commercial software, which I've been using for a longer time.
What do you guys think about that?

I really hope you'll enjoy it just as much as I enjoyed making it!
Can't wait to hear your comments!

Jakub Szypulka