[CREATE] "Reclaim your tools". A film by Jakub Szypulka

Jakub Szypulka cubibubi at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 9 03:03:25 PST 2011

2011/1/9 Yuval Levy <create07 at sfina.com>:
> On January 8, 2011 04:06:07 pm Jakub Szypulka wrote:
>> Here is the link: http://vimeo.com/18568225
>
> beautiful, thanks for sharing.
>

>> HUNDRED PERCENT using opensource software! (minus camera firmware I
>> suppose, haha)
>
> what camera did you film it with / what format?  and what software did you use
> to edit it?  I am still stuck with SONY Vegas for my AVCHD videos, and must
> reboot into Windows to use it.  Except for the times when I don't edit at all
> and I just transcode with ffmpeg.  So I don't edit as much as I would like to
> (although:  maybe that's just an excuse because I have no time to edit).

I used the Canon 550D and it's native format. I just discovered
Kdenlive a few days ago, and have absolutely no idea why I haven't
heard of it before. It's such a great piece of editing software, and
I'd recommend it to any open source lover (besides a few occasional
crashes). Hope that answers all your questions.