[CREATE] "Reclaim your tools". A film by Jakub Szypulka

Schrijver eric at authoritism.net
Sat Jan 15 04:42:43 PST 2011

Hi,

Of course the one scene can’t do that.
However I do suppose this could be a ‘personal’ film, because it clearly takes the perspective of the filmer—
And that’s a good thing
Any good documentary features an awareness of the film maker and her or his role in what is happening.
that doesn’t mean it couldn’t represent LGM—it’s probably a better road to take than to try and make *the* film.

I think the this film looks absolutely wonderful,
And I think this aesthetic could be very helpful in attracting people to Libre Graphics

I have a qualm though,
in this edit, it is not very clear just what these people are doing.
Just how are they reclaiming their tools? What tools?
Now the impression I get is: nice shots of interesting looking people (though I do miss the women too)

While I think one should aim for:
Nice shots of interesting looking people who are working hard to make design technology more accessible (or however you want to phrase the goal of Libre Graphics)

So I really like the starting point, but I think it can be taken a step further!
Sorry if that sounds patronising :)

take care
Eric

Op 15 jan 2011, om 12:06 heeft Jakub Szypulka het volgende geschreven: