[CREATE] LGM2012 in Argentina?

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 07:38:45 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 8:01 PM, a.l.e wrote:

> voilà, having been (collectively) asked to express what i think
> about the next LGM, i will also say what was in my mind before
> reading about the offer to to argentina:
>
> we don't need an LGM in 2012.
> i how you're not shocked.
>
> we wanted a two years preparation time? let's do it. let's skip
> the LGM in 2012. let's start preparing the LGM 2013.
> and in 2012, instead of having an LGM, let's organize a bunch
> of regional meetings

This could be taken even further. Use LGM brand (well, it's an
exxageration, but still...) like TEDx brand and organize local LGMs
under LGM name. Whether they should be co-located with other events,
is an entirely different matter.

The point is, if people have a critical mass of participants who want
to talk about related stuff, and if they somehow can find sponsorship,
just let them do it.

Berlin could be European LGM next year. No need to skip it unless we
have noone to organize it.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org