[CREATE] LGM2012 in Argentina?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Jun 14 13:09:02 PDT 2011

On 06/14/2011 12:11 PM, Lila Pagola wrote:
> 2011/6/12 Felipe Sanches<juca at members.fsf.org>:
>> I would certainly attend LGM in Argentina!
> :)
>
> Since I live in Argentina, me too!
> Of course I offer all my support, and I guess I can get the same from
> the institutions/communities I participate in... despite I don't live
> in Buenos Aires, but in Córdoba, as Dave and Felipe know.
>
> I think we have much work to do in Argentina regarding libre graphics,
> so hosting an LGM is a challenge and an excellent opportunity to build
> a stronger community including more users, designers, artists,
> students...
>
> Argentina would be also a very affordable option for our friends from
> Brasil, Uruguay and Chile, at least, to participate of LGM.
> best,

Perhaps needless to say, but I think Argentina answers concerns that
many have had about trying to reach out to some new areas of the world
for LGM. The key thing, as with any LGM, is the local support for
organizing the event. I can't guarantee that I can come, but I would
certainly like to and will try hard if that is where it ends up taking
place.

 From the Scribus project point-of-view, I know we have some struggles
trying to connect to the Spanish-speaking Scribus users wherever they
are, so this could definitely advance us in that area.

Greg