[CREATE] Inkscape questions

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 23:56:12 PDT 2011

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 11:02 PM, Yuval Levy wrote:

> In 2008 the project went from 1800+ new to about 100 new.  If this was just a
> consequence of the tool used (as implied in the first article), going back up
> to 634 new needs an explanation.

As already explained before, this is because a team worked on triaging
right after importing reports from SF tracker. We let things rot after
that due to lack of active contributors. ~suv and Nicolas Dufour do a
great job, but they are mostly on their tod.

> The other thing about this, and the reason why I place it at the create level:
> scaling and rotating of bitmaps seems to me like an operation common to many
> tools.  Wouldn't it make sense to have a single, shared library for that, so
> that advances in technology benefits everybody automatically?

You mean GEGL?

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org