[CREATE] Inkscape questions

Josh Andler scislac at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 14:24:31 PDT 2011

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Yuval Levy <create07 at sfina.com> wrote:
> I need a historical perspective.
>
> 1. has the project become more popular / received massively more bug reports
> in 2011 than in 2008?

I had posted back in March about something related. In January of 2011
alone we had over 1 million downloads in that month (we had never done
that before). That was out of ~14.4 million downloads for the life of
the project (the range at that moment was Feb 1st of 2004-March 4th of
2011). So, over the course of 85 months, 1 month alone in 2011 had
~1/14th of our download total. Note that the stats are not too helpful
given that SFs stat tracking seems to have frequent outages as well
all of the other places obtain Inkscape for us to be able to really
even guess how many actual users there are. Either way, to me, it's
safe to say we are more popular now than in 2008.

Cheers,
Josh