[CREATE] Libre Graphics workshops, BoFs, et.c. sessions at DesktopSummit 2011

Jon Nordby jononor at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 05:00:54 PDT 2011

On 20 June 2011 10:32, Jon Nordby <jononor at gmail.com> wrote:
> The call for participation for Workshop & BoFs for the DesktopSummit
> 2011 (which is in Berlin between August 6th and 12th) has just been
> published. Info here: http://desktopsummit.org/program/workshops-bofs
>
> Excerpt:
> "All forms of activities that aim to further the Free Desktop by
> getting people together to discuss, work and make decisions are
> welcomed. Examples of such sessions include BoF sessions
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birds_of_a_Feather_%28computing%29),
> project and cross-project meetings, workshops, hacking sessions and
> training/teaching sessions. Each session is self-organized and it is
> up to the hosts and participants to decide if the session is to be
> loosely oriented around a set of topics, or have a well-defined
> agenda."
>
> As graphics software is a critical part of a desktop, I would say that
> Libre Graphics is naturally a critical part of the Free Desktop.
>
> This might be especially interesting for:
> - BoFs, et.c. on topics that have an impact on a wider audience and
> (color management, file formats, general interoperability, et.c.)
> - Projects meetings for projects who did not have a strong presence in
> LGM 2011 in Montreal that still want to get together face-to-face this
> year.
> - Teaching our tools to the free desktop contributors who rely on them
> in their workflow, and getting feedback from them
> - Hacking sessions
>
> I am going to be present at least, and if there is interest will do a
> session on OpenRaster (I have a lighting talk on it as well).

I've created a proposal now:
http://wiki.desktopsummit.org/Workshops_%26_BoFs/2011/OpenRaster_workshop

For the session to be accepted as a pre-registered session, and show
up in the printed schedule I will need a co-host. Anyone interested?
CC'ing some of the usual suspects.

--
Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com