[CREATE] LGM 2012 in Vienna?

S.Kemter buergermeister at karl-tux-stadt.de
Mon Sep 5 05:26:20 PDT 2011

Hi,

Time to say something about that event in Vienna, I was the last 4 years
there.
This year I had 2 workshops about Inkscape and 2 about GIMP there and a talk
about which graphic floss tool for what purpose.

So since this year the Linuxwochen Vienna are hosted on Technikum Vienna, look
in the attachment. There are rooms enough but the organizers have to ask for
them. Look in the attachment.
Airport  there is one, well connected to all others in Europe and there are
direct flights from Atlanta so that should be not the problem.
Visa, Austria is member of the european union, so no problems for europeans or
us/canadian citizen. For the rest who needs visa, should be no problem for the
organizers of invite them if it needed for visa application
Hotels are also not really a problem, you can have rooms for prizes between
20-500€ a night. Not far from the venue is a youth hostel what would be a
cheap solution, its not an normal one, they have only double rooms with shower
and closet in the room so more a hotel then a hostel.
Even you choose a hotel far from the venue, public transport is very good.
There are also public bikes available.

So some ask are there updates, yes there are. As daja wrote no of the required
things is really a problem.

so now is up to you to decide, we do it or we do it not. And that moves it
forward, not waiting of a proposal.

so what should the next steps?

1. Decide yes or no
2. Decide which day should be extra, wednesday or sunday or both or whatever,
so that the organizers of Linuxwochen can ask the university for the rooms.
3. tell them the decisions

br gnokii