[CREATE] Procedural Textures

Carlos López González genetita at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 09:59:12 PDT 2012

Hi guys,
I would like to research about procedural textures but I don't find a clear
documentation that makes me grow from the simple Perlin noise theory:
http://webstaff.itn.liu.se/~stegu/TNM022-2005/perlinnoiselinks/perlin-noise-math-faq.html

I've entered #blendercoders but it seems that I don't asked on the right
time. You know how coders are,... one guy directly suggested to me to copy
their code. Here is one extract of the chat:

[18:09] <genete> Hi! I Synfig (http://synfig.org) devloper and would like
to learn to implement 2D procedural textures in Synfig. Could you please
give me some initial advice on this?
[18:09] <genete> I found this on your site:
http://www.blender.org/development/release-logs/blender-233/procedural-textures/
[18:10] <kaito> ooh open source animation!
[18:10] <genete> but the links for further reading are broken
[18:10] <genete> hi kaito
[18:10] <kaito> is synfig gpl?
[18:10] <genete> yeah
[18:11] <kaito> then you can just copy all our code :)
[18:11] <genete> he he, better I prefer to _understand_ what I copy first
^__^
[18:11] <kaito> well you put in vectors and you get back values!

So it would be great if you know someone who can enlight me about
procedural textures and redirect me to articles or documentation (even
printed or electronic books) to learn about the different techniques
already in use to create procedural textures.

Thanks cheers!

--
Carlos
http://synfig.org