[CREATE] OpenRaster: version numbering

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Apr 9 12:29:06 PDT 2012

On Monday 09 April 2012 Apr, Andrew Chadwick wrote:
> On 29/03/12 21:50, Andrew Chadwick wrote:
> > http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/OpenRaster/Draft/VersionNumber
> >

> - let me know what you think, and feel free to edit it.
>
> Final call for comments on this before I integrate it into the main
> part of the specification and hack it into what MyPaint writes. May I
> assume that there's nothing controversial about having a version
> number, nor its location, nor its format?

Not in particular. I wouldn't mind having a manifest.xml file that has the version number and the creating app in it, though -- that's maybe a cleaner solution. Having a version number in the image tag could lead people think that this is the version of the image, not the file format.

--
Boudewijn Rempt