[CREATE] LGM 2012 workshop -- lib2geom

Ricardo Lafuente bollecs at sollec.org
Sat Feb 18 03:45:26 PST 2012

+1 from me.

One of the great promises of lib2geom was IMHO its (still incomplete)
Python bindings, since there's yet no vector manipulation library for
Python.

Along with the workshop, it would be super to set up a sprint of sorts
to advance the Python bindings; I did a little bit of work on them some
time ago, and would certainly be excited to help organise this effort --
and it would be fabulous to have someone with Boost-Python knowledge to
shed some light on the necessary tasks.

Inkscape extensions, for instance, would benefit immensely from the
ability to manipulate paths and apply operations from a Python script. I
could go on about the awesome things Py2geom would make possible :-)

:r