[CREATE] LGM in Vienna - Location acknowleged

Craig Bradney cbradney at zip.com.au
Wed Jan 4 10:41:02 PST 2012

On 1/4/12 9:07 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 10:25 PM, Louis Desjardins
> <louis.desjardins at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Would we agree on a much tighter process like giving from Jan15 to March1st
>> to propose a talk. Then we make the program over the next 2-3 weeks. By
>> April1st we have the program online instead of having it the day before LGM.
>> We'd still be opened for lightning talks and BoFs that can be done while the
>> show goes on.
> So, it's 5 months till the conference and:
>
> - http://libregraphicsmeeting.org still doesn't respond

I understand we are awaiting Dave Neary to change the IPs of the servers in DNS (they moved when the
Scribus ones did).. or preferably, change the the IPs, then hand them over to Louis for managing as
part of the non-profit and ensure they are not reliant on 1 sole person.
> - presumably we have no idea where we are with finances
> - presumably we don't have a logo for the conference yet

Can we stop changing the logo? Its a dumb idea to keep changing it. Change the colour if required,
but this is just a waste of time, every damn year. In any case, it shouldn't stop the organisation
of the conference. Pick a nice type face and just use the words if we have to.

> - presumably we don't have a website for it either
>
> What am I missing?
>
> I can help with writing text, HTML and whatnot. Needless to say, I can
> pass the information to communities. But I have a short attention span
> and I'd feel obliged if you spared me the ever-returning discussion on
> CMS vs. static HTML and other annoying crap. I've got a supply of that
> for years to come.

Agreed.. copy last year's.. re-colour if required and move on.

> Could we please start caring about the conference so much that we
> actually organized it in advance?

Agreed too!

Craig