[CREATE] Colorfont Workshop results

Hin-Tak Leung hintak at ghostscript.com
Fri Jun 29 08:26:24 PDT 2012

--- On Fri, 29/6/12, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> On 29 June 2012 16:39, Ricardo
> Lafuente <bollecs at sollec.org>
> wrote:
> > This is a feature we'd love to be able to use in F/LOSS
> tools, but it looks
> > like a considerable technical challenge
>
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/xetex/latex/fontspec/
> :-)

fontspec is nice, but rather tied into XeTeX? One other thing Ricardo might want to check out is Pango... anyway, there is a lot text-layout expertise in the TeX/LaTeX community, the web-browser (pango...)...  emacs 24 seems to have gained the ability to do Right-to-left directions i.e. displaying arabic/hebrew the way it is intended.

I also seem to remember some W3C specs/RFCs about fonts somewhere...