[CREATE] Ad designs needed

Nathan Willis nwillis at glyphography.com
Mon Mar 19 07:33:55 PDT 2012

Hi Ale / Jakub,

My apologies; I was out most of the weekend.  Jakub, I do think you should
fix the typo.  Would you mind too terribly working up an additional layout
with some variant of the text: "LGM: Where Graphics and Open Source
Software Meet" / "Click here to help a developer attend" ?

Or possibly "Where Graphic Arts and Open Source Software Meet"....

I ask only because it's slightly shorter and it uses "action words" in the
appeal (which supposedly prompts more people to click, if you believe the
theorists...).  Slightly shorter words might let us increase the font size
a bit.  At least I'd like to compare how that version looks.

Otherwise, very nice design; good color combo especially....

Thanks,
Nate

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 3:28 PM, Jakub Jankiewicz <jcubic at onet.pl> wrote:

> Will anybody create another ad, Will you use mine, so do I need to
> fix that typo?
>
> On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 18:37:42 +0100
> ale rimoldi <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:
>
> > hi nate,
> >
> > are you happy with one of the solution which has been given or do we
> > need to look further?
> >
> > ciao
> > a.l.e

> > > Also, I forgot to mention two things --
> > >
> > > First, in the past our online ads have been exclusively "help fund
> > > developer travel" -- I think we should also do a banner that simply
> > > invites attendees to LGM & encourages participation; we can rotate
> > > between two at no additional complexity, and we want everyone to
> > > know that they're invited as well.  You never know who might show
> > > up for the first time.
> > >
> > > And second, if you think of an online publication that you read
> > > frequently, the odds are that it would be a good place to advertise,
> > > too, so please pass it along.
> > >
> > > Thanks again,
> > > Nate

> --