[CREATE] Scanner Access No-longer Easy?

Nathan Willis nwillis at glyphography.com
Thu Mar 22 14:21:00 PDT 2012

This is kinda out of left field, but would there be any interest is having
an LGM roundtable discussion about SANE and/or scanner support this year?
Specifically, about whether not it needs fixing, a whole bunch more
personpower, or even outright replacement?

It's just something I hear come up a lot, usually not in a positive list,
and not infrequently in close proximity to expletives.  Obviously there are
other application types that rely on SANE or scanner access in general
(e.g., OCR) that would have different requirements, but the graphics
projects certainly deal with it more frequently.  My apologies if you're a
huge SANE fan, but I see a lot of individuals complaining about different
aspects of the design and the API -- it probably can't hurt to have that
discussion in one place and see what comes out of it.

For the record, I don't mean a panel session; I mean a meeting.

Thanks,
Nate
--
nathan.p.willis