[CREATE] [ORA spec] effects filters are incompletely specified

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Mar 26 14:29:02 PDT 2012

On Monday 26 March 2012 Mar, Andrew Chadwick wrote:
> Is anyone actively writing or reading OpenRaster files with <filter> or
> <compositefilter>?

I very much doubt that -- krita doesn't, mypaint doesn't, and it doesn't sound like something gimp can support. And I remember we never got the spec actually done to any extent. It's also a complicated thing to do right, and I'm not sure I wouldn't prefer to just keep it out of openraster.

> If nobody's working on these, and there are no concrete implementations,
> I'd like to demote them to proposals due to their current
> incompleteness, taking them out of the core extensions and main layers
> stack description pages. I think that's the fairest approach. At the
> very least, some of it needs pruning.

Yes, I really agree there.

--
Boudewijn Rempt