[CREATE] LGM 2012 Travel Expenses

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri May 11 05:34:21 PDT 2012

hi

> > As Louis has said, we are now after the fact. If its going to
> > change, it should change for the following year(s), not the one
> > just past.
> But a slution that would reimburse people who needs most the money
> would not be "changing the fact" . - The fact that changed is that
> this year, LGM< won't be abe to fully reimburse everyone. - Th shad
> already changed. What we need to decide now is how to apply this.
>
> If someone had to spend multiple times his monthly income to be there,
> and was hoping to get back the tickets cost, I'd say that paying this
> person is the only reasonable thing to to.
>
> Again, the "change" is not a "highest priority first". the change has
> been "not enough money this year". Putting that in numbers taht could
> apply: I surely hope that someone one  more than €3500.00 age will
> insist in getting some € 300.00 back, when someone on a € 800.00 wage
> won't be able to get back € 1200.00 spent on tickets. If the idea of "
> dont chaneg the rules after the event" is keeping fainerness, I think
> it is quite clear what would be fair on this case.
>
> (in a separate subject  I am and the other GIMP team people, should be
> covered by money donated to the project - we won't be using the money
> donated to LGM.)

just for everybody's information: kde and other projects are also
sponsoring their people to travel to the LGM (i think the biggest
financial effort for traveling costs is the one by Gimp and
the OIF).

several people already said that they will be paying for their travel
costs, independently of the amount of money we would have been
collecting.

some people already wrote that they will be glad to be refunded if
there is some money left.

ciao
a.l.e