[CREATE] W3C Compositing and Blending 1.0 draft is up: implications for OpenRaster?

Andrew Chadwick a.t.chadwick at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 09:51:59 PST 2012

On 9 November 2012 17:39, Andrew Chadwick <a.t.chadwick at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think we should at least A) update our wording in
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/OpenRaster/Draft/LayersStack
> and make it refer to Compositing and Blending 1.0 because the newer
> spec is simply more comprehensible and more tightly focused. There are
> some naming issues to deal with, coming from the explicit split
> between blending and compositing. A table of equivalences in the ORA
> spec would be needed. Where there is overlap, the new spec's blend
> modes are the same as those in the older spec.

For what it's worth, the table of equivalences should be something like

# ORA comp-op name => new (blend-mode, alpha-compositing)
svg:src-over => (normal, source-over)
svg:plus => (normal, lighter)
svg:multiply => (multiply, source-over)
svg:screen => (screen, source-over)
svg:overlay => (overlay, source-over)
svg:darken => (darken, source-over)
svg:lighten => (lighten, source-over)
svg:color-dodge => (color-dodge, source-over)
svg:color-burn => (color-burn, source-over)
svg:hard-light => (hard-light, source-over)
svg:soft-light => (soft-light, source-over)
svg:difference  => (difference, source-over)
svg:color => (color, source-over)
svg:luminosity => (luminosity, source-over)
svg:hue => (hue, source-over)
svg:saturation => (saturation, source-over)

I think that's right.

--
Andrew Chadwick