[CREATE] Visas rejected

Femke Snelting snelting at collectifs.net
Tue Apr 28 14:05:03 PDT 2015

Hello Pria,

Thanks for writing; very sorry to hear it did not work out and frustrated that this decision needed to be made.

There have been problems before with participants traveling from Africa to Canada (also with sufficient funding etc.) so clearly policies are not getting more visa friendly, and unfortunately in many other Europen countries the situation does not seem to get more welcoming either.

I agree with you that we should find a way to add travel restrictions/visa as a criterium for selecting the location for 2017. Yet another argument to have an LGM outside Europe/North America?

Hope we can hear about your work at a future LGM and many thanks for your effort.

Femke