[CREATE] ORA logo?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Sep 28 02:47:43 PDT 2015

On Mon, 28 Sep 2015, "Christoph Schäfer" wrote:

> The draft SVG looks, obviously, quite similar to the official ODF logo, which triggers two follow-up questions:
>
> 1) Are there any plans to make ORA ODF-compliant? Alan Horkan has demonstrated that it takes only minimal additions to an ORA file to let an ODF-supporting programme open it as an ODG file (http://alanhorkan.livejournal.com/59192.html).

Well, we originally took as much from ODF as made sense, because when we started working on ora in Krita, we already had all the ODF support code ready in the koffice/calligra libraries. Which is why it's so similar...

> 2) Do you plan to hand over the development of ORA to a body like OASIS once it has reached maturity?

I never thought about that. It would be good, but it would need somebody to really put some push behind it, and I'm just too busy with krita and making a living to be that person.

> For those who can read German, the next issue of the Swiss "Publisher" magazine will include a column asking for open and XML-based file standards in the publishing industry to enable competition (and I explicitly mentioned ORA and SVG). It will also comprise an article on G'MIC. The articles will be available for free on www.publisher.ch once the print edition has been shipped (presumably by mid-October).

Oh, cool, looking forward to that!