[CREATE] seeking advice on text animation software & linux laptops

mray mail at mray.de
Tue Mar 22 17:03:43 UTC 2016

On 22.03.2016 17:41, helen varley jamieson wrote:
> hi everyone,
> i am seeking advice on 2 questions:
>
> firstly, i'm working on an installation which includes projected
> animated text. previously i've done this in a basic but effective way
> with powerpoint. this time, i want more control over the animations than
> powerpoint allows, and it needs to be a looping video as it's going to
> be left running on its own. can anyone recommend a good software for
> text animation?
>
> secondly, i need to upgrade my laptop & have decided to make the
> transition to linux. mint has been recommended to me for the OS. does
> anyone out there have any advice regarding choice of hardware? ideally i
> want a small laptop with a dvd drive, ethernet port, & separate audio in
> & out ports.
>
> all ideas much appreciated,
> h : )

the best thing to look for is probably sozi,
as it is by definition animated slides:
http://sozi.baierouge.fr/pages/10-about.html
(as you can see in the demo frame it runs in the browser)

if you are talking about serious animations:
have a look at synfig studio http://www.synfig.org if you need more
another solution to animate text is blender https://www.blender.org/