[CREATE] UpStage is being completely rebuilt :)

Helen Varley Jamieson helen at creative-catalyst.com
Fri Oct 23 14:46:24 UTC 2020

dear LGM community,

many of you will be familiar with the UpStage project
(https://upstage.org.nz/ - a web-based platform for live online
performance) as we have presented at LGM several times over the last 10
years or so. now, we are very happy to be (finally!) embarking on a
complete rebuild and we would love you to have a look and get involved.

UpStage was first developed in 2003, and at that time the only way to
achieve what we wanted was to use Flash to serve media content to the
browser. removing its dependency on Flash is one of the key goals of
this rebuild, at the same time as making a lot of enhancements and
bringing all of the technology up to date.

we are right at the beginning of the project and welcome involvement
from anyone who is interested. please check out our github repo - there
is not much there yet, but it would really help us if you would "star"
it: https://github.com/upstage-org/mobilise

there is information about the whole project (which includes a series of
live performances in autumn 2021 to launch the new platform) here:
https://mobilise.upstage.org.nz/

feel free to write to me off-list if you would like more information.

i hope you are all keeping well in these pandemic times!

helen : )

--

helen varley jamieson

helen at creative-catalyst.com <mailto:helen at creative-catalyst.com>