Bug in the boxing of DBusMessage in Glib layer

Mikael Hallendal micke@imendio.com
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:45:40 +0100

Hi!

Playing around with the gproxy signals yesterday and stumbled over a
bug. Seems that when boxing DBusMessage dbus_message_ref() was used for
copy-function. Took me a time to realize that this wouldn't work since
unlike for example g_object_ref() in glib this function doesn't return
the pointer it just reffed.

So I started on a patch that would make the dbus_*_ref() functions
return the reffed pointer but then I thought I should ask first if it
doesn't return the reffed pointer for a reason.

The other solution would be to make a wrapped copy-function (that just
call dbus_message_ref() and then returns the pointer in the GLib layer.

Let me know which way is the preferred and I'll send a patch for it.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal
--
Mikael Hallendal               micke@imendio.com