Qt bindings

Zack Rusin zack@kde.org
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 01:08:40 -0500

Ave,

I started working on getting Qt bindings up to speed. I'm starting the
thanksgiving break on Wednesday and I hope to get it done over that
break. Wednesday me and Ian will have a small hackfest so hopefully
we'll get code generation working.
Currently a sample usage looks as follows:

using DBusQt;
Connection *connection = new Connection( "unix:/var/whatever" );
Message msg( service, path, interface, method );
msg << "Hello World";
msg << 13.54;
connection->sendMessage( msg );

So yeah. The api is going to probably totally change as I work on it
this week, making it a little bit more DCOP like. Either way, feel free
to be changing anything you want, especially that currently I'm lot
more concerned with getting the whole thing nicely integrated into Qt
then having super fancy, DCOP resembling api.

Zack

--
"There is hope... but not for us." -Kafka