novehrady discussions

Havoc Pennington hp@redhat.com
Mon, 1 Sep 2003 11:19:06 -0400

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 07:06:54PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> I. Introduce object references in path format.

I believe this is working respectably now on the dbus-object-names
branch.  If you register a handler for /, /foo, and /foo/bar then get
a message to /foo/bar/baz the message will be offered to /foo/bar,
/foo, and / handlers in turn.  (The idea is that some methods such as
the introspection method could be implemented for a whole subtree such
as /qt). As soon as one of the handlers handles the message,
additional handlers won't be run.

> II. Object introspection via XML IDL

What I'm doing now is coding the "GLib bindings" which will let
me experiment with this.

> III. Move typecodes to a single block

I didn't do this yet.

Havoc