Question with object_path registrations

Seth Nickell seth@gnome.org
21 Sep 2003 13:50:26 -0700

On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 09:06, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-09-20 at 23:52, Seth Nickell wrote:
> > I'm trying to get dbus_connection_register_object_path and company
> > working, but they don't seem to do anything. As a simple test, I've
> > tried doing:
> >
> > dbus_connection_register_object_path(..."/test/path"...)
> >
> > And then:
> >
> > dbus_connection_list_registered(..."/test/path"...)
> >

> To list /test/path you have to ask for the children of just /test (i.e.
> you are listing "subdirectories")

Aha. I was thinking of it the other way around.

"Lists the registered fallback handlers and object path handlers at the
given parent_path" to me sounds like you give it a directory and it will
produce some sort of list of "things that have registered handlers for
that path". So if I registered an object_path("/test/path") and a
fallback_handler("/test") and I did list_registered("/test/path") I
would have expected to get back some sort of string list (I wasn't sure
at all what the format would be) indicating my two *handler functions*
somehow. ["function_handler_fallback{/test}",
"function_handler_object{/test/path}"] or something.

Maybe "Lists the child paths that have fallback handlers and object path
handlers registered for them" or something would be clearer.

-Seth