Roadmap?

Havoc Pennington hp@redhat.com
22 Sep 2003 22:07:19 -0400

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 19:53, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> Hi, do you have a dbus roadmap available?
>
> I'm using it for an application and I want to be able to use it as an
> stable version as soon as possible and thus, I need also a dbus stable
> release :-). If the first dbus stable release si too far away I should
> look at an alternative solution until dbus is ready.

I think it's necessary to have D-BUS significantly tested out in GNOME
and KDE before we can say it's final. KDE is considering this for KDE 4,
which is probably around a year away. So I would say the frozen API is
in the 6-9 months from now range, at best.

That said I'm constantly trying to make the API as close to the final
API as I can. ;-) Once the dbus-object-names branch lands, hopefully
there won't be any more earth-shattering changes though there may be a
series of little tweaks.

Havoc