SASL Authentication

Willem Dantuma willem.dantuma@dobs.nl
29 Sep 2003 16:46:43 +0200

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 16:11, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> There is an auth protocol.
>
> There are several things you could do:
>
>  - add Cyrus SASL as an optional set of mechanisms available
>    via that protocol, right now it only has hardcoded built-in
>    mechanisms

I would go for this one first :-)

First quick observations reading the dbus code:

 - I need access to some properties ( remote / local address )of
   DBusTransport, what would be the preferred way of doing this
   without creating circular dependencies.

 - I think, "all_mechanisms" should be kept per DBusAuth because
   available SASL mechanisms change depending on the used transport.

   But i don't like this very much because of the memory overhead
   connections * available mechanisms * sizeof(DBusAuthMechanismHandler)

Any ideas ?

Willem