D-BUS with Qt - any example code or tutorials?

Raphael Langerhorst raphael-langerhorst at gmx.at
Mon Apr 12 05:51:45 EST 2004

This is my first post to the list, so hello to everyone.

Reason for being here: I need (network transparent) IPC for two projects, both
written in Qt. One is going to be finished in around two months and is in
almost done - except for the communication between the parts. The other one
is more serious and is likely to take a few years.

Does anyone know working examples whit the Qt interface (does the Qt interface
currently work at all?). I don't neccessarily need the "bus", peer-to-peer
should be fine for now. Example in KDE-like code is prefered, but any example
would do. If there is documentation on usage-examples - called tutorials ;) -
you can also point me to them.

Thanks a lot!

Raphael

PS: yes, I have read the message about the gnome-volume-manager, it's most
likely not a Qt example.

PPS: I think a compilation of links to D-BUS examples on the freedesktop site
would be a good idea, since questions like "where can I find examples for
this and that" are surely asked every now and then on the list.