D-BUS with Qt - any example code or tutorials?

Jan Ekholm chakie at infa.abo.fi
Wed Apr 21 20:48:35 EST 2004

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Armin Bauer wrote:

>On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 15:17, Anthony Metcalf wrote:
>> On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:02:39 +0200
>> "Tako Schotanus" <quintesse at palacio-cristal.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Not to add to the pressure, but.... I wouldn't mind those examples
>> > either ;-)
>> >
>> > I wouldn't mind some more examples in general anyway, something that
>> > would show off dbus a bit more because I must admit I find it a bit
>> > difficult to "get into".
>>
>> let me second that, examples good! Like how would my hypothetical
>> command line(HCLI) app talk to my other HCLI app through dbus? grab
>> messages off the bus, it would all be good to read.
>
>My vote also goes for some more examples. although my apps already can
>talk to each i would be interested in how gobjects can be used and how
>authentication works.

Same here. Examples that didn't rely on the GLib would be nice. Maybe
something a little bit more advanced than "send hello to someone". There
has to be *lots* that DBus can do, as it does look insanely complex for
something that only sends a few messages back and forth?

--
  Shadwell hated all southerners and, by inference, was standing at the
  North Pole.