naive question ...

Thomas Leonard tal00r at
Wed Apr 28 01:11:44 EST 2004

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 04:41:17PM +0200, Tako Schotanus wrote:
> Sean Middleditch wrote:
> >Go take a look at HAL, it does these things.
> Well HAL  ( for those people who like
> me were maybe wondering where it could be found) seems to be only for
> 2.6 kernels so that's no option.
> Besides the fact that I think that small example that show off how dbus
> works should be found _here_ instead of having to look around (and look
> _hard_!)  to find them.

Some more projects using D-BUS:
    The zero-install daemon acts as a bus itself, without using the glib
    bindings. Complicated C code.
    Desktop session manager. Starts a D-BUS session daemon on startup and
    registers itself as a service. Provides D-BUS objects to control
    XSETTINGS and the session process itself. The session process is
    written in C (using the glib D-BUS bindings), while the logout box is
    Python which sends messages to the daemon via D-BUS.

    Nice small Python program that lets you configure XSETTINGS. Sends
    requests to XSETTINGS manager (ROX-Session) via D-BUS.

Thomas Leonard
tal00r at	tal197 at