Python bindings

Jim Hodapp jhodapp at iupui.edu
Sun Aug 1 10:51:02 PDT 2004

Are there any issues right now in getting the Python DBUS bindings to
compile from CVS?  I can't quite get configure to be happy when I enable
the Python bindings with --enable-python.  I get the following output:

configure: Checking to see if we can build Python bindings
checking for a Python interpreter with version >= 2.2... python
checking for python... /usr/bin/python
checking for python version... 2.3
checking for python platform... linux2
checking for python script directory...
${prefix}/lib/python2.3/site-packages
checking for python extension module directory...
${exec_prefix}/lib/python2.3/site-packages
checking for pyrexc... no
checking for headers required to compile python extensions... found
configure: error: Building python explicitly requested, but can't build
python bindings

Thanks,

Jim Hodapp
--
Full-time student of Electrical Engineering
Purdue School of Engineering @ Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis